Hi!

soundsituation

Hi!

Post by soundsituation »

I don't think anyone knows me here since I generally stick to a pretty specific corner of saidit whose userbase doesn't overlap much with the rest of the site. I only found saidit because of last summer's reddit banwave but I'm glad I did because despite its flaws I still think saidit is a much better, more fun and less stressful place.

Tbh I'm not very conspiracy-aware, although I haven't trusted government or mainstream media for some time now. Look forward to learning more.

It's tough (bordering on impossible) to categorize myself politically but my guiding principles are anti-totalitarianism and anti-neoliberalism. I guess I'm probably a left-leaning center-lib in political compass terms.

Interests include psychology, philosophy, forums, Jungian typology, food/cooking, running, and usually whatever is novel and/or controversial. I live with four excellent cats and I love them very much.
2 x
LarrySwinger
Sole Benevolent Dictator

Re: Hi!

Post by LarrySwinger »

soundsituation wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:04 pm Tbh I'm not very conspiracy-aware, although I haven't trusted government or mainstream media for some time now. Look forward to learning more.
People who aren't conspiracy aware are equally welcome here! Your mistrust is justified. Would you say you've learnt at least a few things about conspiracies from browsing Saidit? I've always wondered how the refugees who came to Saidit for different topics experienced that.
soundsituation wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:04 pm Interests include psychology, philosophy, forums, Jungian typology, food/cooking, running, and usually whatever is novel and/or controversial. I live with four excellent cats and I love them very much.
I like forums as well, and especially traditional ones. Too bad they've been dying out because people have flocked to Facebook and (more recently) Discord. Do you browse forums that run on software similar to this site's, or do you mean Reddit clones?

Another cat lover. With you included that's half the userbase currently.
1 x
Horus

Post by Horus »

Hello, I think we'll have some interesting discussions since my interests are very adjacent to philosphy and psychology.

Cheers! :-)
1 x
soundsituation

Post by soundsituation »

People who aren't conspiracy aware are equally welcome here! Your mistrust is justified. Would you say you've learnt at least a few things about conspiracies from browsing Saidit? I've always wondered how the refugees who came to Saidit for different topics experienced that.
Indeed. Just saw an interesting theory about the Boston Marathon bombing being a crisis training event. Pretty mindblowing if true.

I like forums as well, and especially traditional ones. Too bad they've been dying out because people have flocked to Facebook and (more recently) Discord. Do you browse forums that run on software similar to this site's, or do you mean Reddit clones?
Both, although as you said, the former are less and less common. My introduction to forums was a traditional, pro-free speech one such as this, and it's still going strong. Reddit was my next forum experience and it seemed like a great place at first, especially given the diversity of topics...too bad it turned into a censorious bot-infested shithole. But if its demise ultimately paves the way for more robust decentralized alternatives then I think it would have been worth it.
Another cat lover. With you included that's half the userbase currently.
meow
0 x
DonarSohn

Post by DonarSohn »

Glad to see someone else had more than a paragraph for their introduction. Also nice to see someone who might have different views and opinions from myself and others within the "conspiracy community". It makes for better debates/discussions. I find other peoples questions and viewpoints really help the learning process.

Welcome.
1 x
-DonarSohn