Tidbits

For discussing conspiracy theories and facts.
LarrySwinger
Sole Benevolent Dictator

Tidbits

Post by LarrySwinger »

Sometimes I stumble into things and start reflecting, but I don't have enough material to spark a discussion. I want to document those ideas for future reference. I will use thread for that purpose. Perhaps it borders on blog posting, but maybe others find it interesting to follow along or have additional remarks. So don't expect any deep research here; these are proposals for things to further research, and perhaps a lot of these are just coincidences. Because this is a forum, anyone is free to share their own tidbits of insight or speculation here.
0 x
LarrySwinger
Sole Benevolent Dictator

Anomalies in film history

Post by LarrySwinger »

I was just watching a video about film history, and encountered two anomalies. Firstly, I learnt that the first film was produced from this series of photographs. They look more like drawings than photographs. As if it's some kind of joke. It's the kind of absurdity that Miles Mathis would point out. Here's the Wikipedia page about it, by the way.

Next: two pioneers in film technology were the Lumière brothers. Lumière comes from the Latin word lümen which means light, and that's exactly what comes out of a film projector. That was the first association for me. Is this coincidence, or was it scripted? Which is to say that things got attributed to those brothers, or that Lumière wasn't their real names.

I'm wondering if hidden forces realized how big the film industry would be, and decided to mark and claim its history as their own by filling it with inside jokes.
0 x