DonarSohn says G'Day

DonarSohn

DonarSohn says G'Day

Post by DonarSohn »

G'Day fellow conspiracy theorists,

Saw the soft start post on Saidit and was curious to see what the fuss was about.

Convinced me to finally install the Tor Browser so I could access the forum easily. For some reason the ad-riddled Brave browser on my phone wouldn't load the site.

Looking forward to seeing what discussions are to be had, I already like the forum style, brings me back and takes away that dirty feeling of using a reddit clone like Saidit.

I am usually just a lurker on Saidit and Voat but recently decided to start getting involved again. I stopped contributing to forums after the purges started on reddit when that useless women took over.

I think that's enough from me, sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for setting this place up.

-DonarSohn
0 x
-DonarSohn
LarrySwinger
Sole Benevolent Dictator

Re: DonarSohn says G'Day

Post by LarrySwinger »

Welcome.
DonarSohn wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:35 am Looking forward to seeing what discussions are to be had, I already like the forum style, brings me back and takes away that dirty feeling of using a reddit clone like Saidit.
Reddit clones are alright as well. One thing they get right is the threaded comment system. That's the most important feature that's lacking here. But as of late I got tired of all that. I miss the bump system and the flow of conversation that you get with a flat forum. And there's nothing more beautiful than good ol' phpBB, in my view.
DonarSohn wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:35 am I think that's enough from me, sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for setting this place up.
Don't apologize! I appreciate people introducing themselves properly, and this is hardly a wall.

How'd you get into conspiracy facts?
0 x
DonarSohn

Post by DonarSohn »

I love the phpBB format, run a few in my day. I just feel reddit has tainted that style of forum, Im hoping someday someone creates a clone that has no reddit stigma attached.

I was always curious about WWII and after reading mein kampf I found the disconnect between the history I was taught and the dream Hitler wrote about hard to swallow. Many of the authors of the books I read all had something in common and seemed more interested in slander and opinion than actual factual retellings. When I started questioning who really were the bad guys it all started coming together.
1 x
-DonarSohn
AXXA

Post by AXXA »

LarrySwinger wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:49 pm I miss the bump system and the flow of conversation that you get with a flat forum. And there's nothing more beautiful than good ol' phpBB, in my view.
I know what you mean about missing the flow of conversation. One of the weaknesses of Saidit is that conversation doesn't flow smoothly. A topic is discussed for a day and then the discussion is lost and buried. Before the Web existed there was Usenet which had a flow where conversations continued for weeks and months.
0 x
LarrySwinger
Sole Benevolent Dictator

Post by LarrySwinger »

AXXA wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:27 pm
LarrySwinger wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:49 pm I miss the bump system and the flow of conversation that you get with a flat forum. And there's nothing more beautiful than good ol' phpBB, in my view.
I know what you mean about missing the flow of conversation. One of the weaknesses of Saidit is that conversation doesn't flow smoothly. A topic is discussed for a day and then the discussion is lost and buried. Before the Web existed there was Usenet which had a flow where conversations continued for weeks and months.
Usenet looks great. Is there anything wrong with it except that people don't use it anymore?
0 x