Board requests

Because we like to imitate Reddit.
LarrySwinger
Sole Benevolent Dictator

Board requests

Post by LarrySwinger »

Unlike Reddit clones, phpBB doesn't let users create their own subcommunities. But there's nothing preventing us from having community-run boards; I just have to set them up manually. ITT anyone can request their own forum. You have to fill out this form:

Forum name:
Forum description:

That's it. Just make sure to do it from a registered account so I can actually make you a mod. I'm planning to not be selective, especially at the beginning, and will probably only decline if I sense you're making troll requests.

One note about the placement of your board. I'm not placing all boards as subforums of this one. Rather I will place them where they are a nice fit. A lot of boards will end up inside Interests. Although I don't promise to keep on doing that forever. I want the index page to look clean as well, so if the subforum lists start making things feel bloated, I might just move everything inside this forum.
0 x
la_cues

Re: Board requests

Post by la_cues »

Forum name: Horticulture
Forum description: Posts regarding gardening, farming, botany, permaculture, etc.
1 x
LarrySwinger
Sole Benevolent Dictator

Post by LarrySwinger »

la_cues wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:07 am Forum name: Horticulture
Forum description: Posts regarding gardening, farming, botany, permaculture, etc.
Granted. You now manage the first community-run board! I've tested the permissions and it all looks good to me. Let me know whether things are as you expected.
0 x
la_cues

Post by la_cues »

Could I please change the name to Agriculture?
Last edited by la_cues on Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
LarrySwinger
Sole Benevolent Dictator

Post by LarrySwinger »

la_cues wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:01 am Could I please change the name to Agriculture?
Done.
0 x
DonarSohn

Post by DonarSohn »

Forum Name: Philosophy
Forum Description: The love of wisdom.
0 x
-DonarSohn
LarrySwinger
Sole Benevolent Dictator

Post by LarrySwinger »

DonarSohn wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:22 pm Forum Name: Philosophy
Sorry for the wait. I'll say that I feel a bit divided about having lots of boards while there is still a small userbase. I'm thinking replacing the whole board system with a tag system. But for now this is fine. Your request has been granted and your board is placed under Interests.
0 x
DonarSohn

Post by DonarSohn »

LarrySwinger wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:13 am
DonarSohn wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:22 pm Forum Name: Philosophy
Sorry for the wait. I'll say that I feel a bit divided about having lots of boards while there is still a small userbase. I'm thinking replacing the whole board system with a tag system. But for now this is fine. Your request has been granted and your board is placed under Interests.
Thanks, no stress.
I'm curious to see how a tag system works

As long as we have somewhere to speak our minds and discuss without censorship, I'm happy.

I was hoping to spark some discussion here and will post some content once I have access to my PC.

Thanks for setting this place up and letting me use a little slice.
0 x
-DonarSohn
LarrySwinger
Sole Benevolent Dictator

Post by LarrySwinger »

DonarSohn wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:44 pm
LarrySwinger wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:13 am

Thanks, no stress.
I'm curious to see how a tag system works
Here are the details of the extension I want to implement.

DonarSohn wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:44 pm As long as we have somewhere to speak our minds and discuss without censorship, I'm happy.

I was hoping to spark some discussion here and will post some content once I have access to my PC.

Thanks for setting this place up and letting me use a little slice.
Thanks for participating!
0 x